Wednesday, July 25, 2012

.fly, songbird, fly.

Appealing to your arrogance 
is the only way you'll ever see me.
Your songbird style never stops
causing my heart to bleed.
And yet
I let you keep on singing your song,
I let it plant its seeds in my brain,
in my heart.
And I let you smile on your way,
causing me to tear apart.


And I just want to scream
Fly, songbird, fly
by and by.
Don't take my heart 
when you leave.


But all I want is for you to
sing, songbird sing.
Dream, songbird, dream.
And take my heart
and never leave.


I keep holding onto you, 
praying you're grasping 
for me too. 
I keep bringing up the past
hoping the memories will make
these precious moments last.
Shading me in your wings, 
I never know what you will sing.


Which is why I just want you to
fly, songbird, fly
by and by.
Don't take my heart
when you leave.


But all I want is for you to
sing, songbird, sing, 
Dream, songbird, dream.
And take my heart and never leave.

No comments: