Saturday, January 19, 2013

Strawberry and Banana filled crepes

*Sometimes, when I make something that blows my freaking mind, I have to blog about it because writing down a recipe usually leads to losing that piece of paper and thus losing the magic forever... This is one of those blogs.*

Crepe recipe-
-1 cup of Flour
-2 Eggs
-1/2 cup of Milk
-1/2 cup of Water
-2 tablespoons of Butter, melted
-A couple dashes of Salt
-A 3-4 splashes of Vanilla

1. Whisk together the flour and eggs, gradually adding in the milk and water, stirring to combine Add salt and butter; beat until smooth.
2. Heat a lightly oiled frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop 1/4 cup of batter per crepe into the frying pan. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
3. Cook crepes for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, and cook the other side.

**Yields about eight crepes**

Cream Cheese filling with Strawberries and Banana*-
*Ok, with the amount of fruit, I have no limit. I diced up about seven strawberries and one banana. The fruit is up to you!*
-Fruit, diced
-3/4 to 1 cup of Cream Cheese
-3 tablespoons of Milk
-A sprinkle of sugar
-A couple dashes of vanilla

1. Soften the Cream Cheese in the microwave for 30-50 seconds.
2. Stir in the Milk, Vanilla and Sugar, combine ingredients.
3. Stir in fruit.
4. Spoon fruit into crepes.

***I only made up four crepes for myself, so you may have to double the amounts if you decide to use all of the batter. :)***

Now, I decided to go the extra mile for my crepes and made a sweet topping with strawberries and sugar. I minced up about five strawberries and sprinkled about a 1/4 tablespoon of sugar. Because I lack the patience to cover the fruit and allow them to macerate, I put them in a glass bowl in the microwave for about a minute. I then topped each of the crepes with this amazing concoction and NOMMED like crazy. 

No comments: