Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Theatre excitement.

Last night was the first rehearsal of the Taming of the Shrew cast.
The cast is hilarious and everyone is going to play their parts so well.

Sean Arata: Page/Joseph/Pedant
David Artrip: Player/Lucentio
Tenara Calem: Player/Tranio
Steve Emerson: Sly/Petruchio
Rudy Frias: Servant/Hortensio
Anne Grove: Player/Servant/Curtis/Widow
Harlow Keith: Huntsman/Gremio
Britt Kline: Player/Katherina
Junia Maynard: Player/Biondello/Nicholas
Tahrea Maynard: Player/Bianca
Jason Newsome: Player/Grumio
Krista Threadgill: Hostess/Handmaiden/Sugarsop
Richard Wilson: Lord/Baptista

Director: Danielle Mari
Assistant Director: Daniel Smail
Stage Manager/Production Manager: Lynn Moyer
Dramaturge: Molly St. Cyr-Reid

Performances Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, November 6-22.

I'm really pumped to get into the role of Bianca.
I like Danielle's take on this character.
Normally she's played as the sweet innocent younger sister who truly doesn't do any wrong.
My version of the role will be this girl who milks it for all its worth.
She essentially is a brat.
I think of Veruca Salt, only older and with a sex drive.
Danielle wants me to watch Gone with the Wind.
Vivien Leigh's character is supposed to give me some sort of inspiration.
Having never seen the movie, I don't know exactly what to expect but I trust Danielle's judgement.
And I like being able to see where the director is coming from.
:o)
I just can't wait to get started.



Patrick Swayze.
I pray you are in a better place.

No comments: