Monday, October 26, 2009

My grandpa John

Today we found out my grandfather only has a few months to live.
His pancreatic cancer has spread to his liver.
He cannot do anymore treatment and hospice starts tomorrow.
My overall emotion is sadness, mixed with slight anger.
One of my first thoughts when I heard this news was that I, being the oldest grandchild, had hoped all of my grandparents would see me get married and have a child or two, their first great grandchildren.
That kinda hurts more than anything.
I've been dealing with random spurts of tears for the past couple of hours, and I'm sure this will continue as time passes.
Our goal as a family is to make sure this Holiday season is the best we can make it, for grandpa's sake.

I as for prayers for my grandparents as they figure out financial and living arrangements, and for comfort in these last few months.

I'm not sure how things are going to go, but we'll try to make everything as smooth as possible.

God, give us strength and peace.

1 comment:

Robin Norris said...

What a lovely thought. I'm going to keep him my prayers. I lost my uncle about month ago w/brain cancer. He only lasted 1 month in the hospital chemo/radiation wouldn't even help. I prayed for the Lord to either heal him or take him so there will not be any more pain. I prayed that prayer the night before his passing. I got a call at 2am it was my mom telling me that her brother had past. See my prayers before that was to heal him. I couldn't bare to see him in pain no longer.
I'm not sure if John is in pain. I do miss all of you. My love and prayers to you and your family.
Robin Norris