Friday, January 8, 2010

My warm fuzzy moment for the night....

Tonight Josh and I went to one of our favorite restaurants, Yanni's, off of Cleveland Rd. If you couldn't guess, it's a Greek restaurant. It also rocks out loud. Anywhoo, we walked into the tiny diner and it was packed. We definitely weren't the only ones who thought Yanni's was the perfect choice for a snowy Friday evening. Our server was our regular, Matt. Matt is a really nice guy, and was cool as usual. Tonight he was a bit stressed with the rush and he seemed to be butting heads with the other server dude who is also usually a chill dude. As Josh and I were getting ready to go, I decided to leave a ten on the table with a small "Thanks!" written on a napkin. Josh had tipped five bucks on his credit card slip, but I felt compelled to leave Matt extra for whatever reason. We were almost out the door, shuffling through the waiting crowd at the door when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I look and it was Matt, saying, "That is the nicest thing anyone has done all day. Thank you." and gave me a hug. I smiled with "No problem." and walked out the door. I felt so awesome walking out that diner. I guess I must come to terms with the fact that I'll never truly be an evil mastermind. No more dreams of evil world domination. Shucks... 

1 comment:

Lineya said...

Awww...Warmfuzzieswarmfuzzieswarmfuzzies! You are awesome, Tahrea.