Monday, March 21, 2011

JC's Garage: Soul Restoration and Repair Services


Matthew 11:28-30 (New International Version, ©2011)


   28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Romans 5:10
(NLT) For since our friendship with God was restored by the death of his Son while we were still his enemies, we will certainly be saved through the life of his Son.


(GWT) If the death of his Son restored our relationship with God while we were still his enemies, we are even more certain that, because of this restored relationship, the life of his Son will save us.

As the more dramatic (lol) youth leader at church I was asked to start working on scripts for so video scripts for the kids to do for some promo stuff and just for fun. :o) I was really excited to start... and then I actually started. I sat down and thought and read and thought some more. Gah! It's painful sometimes, thinking. I mean, talking with other leaders and looking at the website, I kept hearing the words "soul restoration." So I googled scriptures on restoration or being restored. Funny thing, I kept find Psalm 23. "He restoreth my soul." 
Then I read Jeremiah 30:
 12 “This is what the LORD says:
   “‘Your wound is incurable,
   your injury beyond healing.
13 There is no one to plead your cause,
   no remedy for your sore,
   no healing for you.
14 All your allies have forgotten you;
   they care nothing for you.
I have struck you as an enemy would
   and punished you as would the cruel,
because your guilt is so great
   and your sins so many.
15 Why do you cry out over your wound,
   your pain that has no cure?
Because of your great guilt and many sins
   I have done these things to you.
 16 “‘But all who devour you will be devoured;
   all your enemies will go into exile.
Those who plunder you will be plundered;
   all who make spoil of you I will despoil.
17 But I will
restore you to health
   and heal your wounds,’
            declares the LORD,
‘because you are called an outcast,
   Zion for whom no one cares.’

BOOM! And then I read Jeremiah 21:1-14. This is what happens when God makes good on his promise(s):

Jeremiah 31

 1 “At that time,” declares the LORD, “I will be the God of all the families of Israel, and they will be my people.”
 2 This is what the LORD says:
   “The people who survive the sword
   will find favor in the wilderness;
   I will come to give rest to Israel.”
 3 The LORD appeared to us in the past,[a] saying:
   “I have loved you with an everlasting love;
   I have drawn you with unfailing kindness.
4 I will build you up again,
   and you, Virgin Israel, will be rebuilt.
Again you will take up your timbrels
   and go out to dance with the joyful.
5 Again you will plant vineyards
   on the hills of Samaria;
the farmers will plant them
   and enjoy their fruit.
6 There will be a day when watchmen cry out
   on the hills of Ephraim,
‘Come, let us go up to Zion,
   to the LORD our God.’”
 7 This is what the LORD says:
   “Sing with joy for Jacob;
   shout for the foremost of the nations.
Make your praises heard, and say,
   ‘LORD, save your people,
   the remnant of Israel.’
8 See, I will bring them from the land of the north
   and gather them from the ends of the earth.
Among them will be the blind and the lame,
   expectant mothers and women in labor;
   a great throng will return.
9 They will come with weeping;
   they will pray as I bring them back.
I will lead them beside streams of water
   on a level path where they will not stumble,
because I am Israel’s father,
   and Ephraim is my firstborn son.
 10 “Hear the word of the LORD, you nations;
   proclaim it in distant coastlands:
‘He who scattered Israel will gather them
   and will watch over his flock like a shepherd.’
11 For the LORD will deliver Jacob
   and redeem them from the hand of those stronger than they.
12 They will come and shout for joy on the heights of Zion;
   they will rejoice in the bounty of the LORD—
the grain, the new wine and the olive oil,
   the young of the flocks and herds.
They will be like a well-watered garden,
   and they will sorrow no more.
13 Then young women will dance and be glad,
   young men and old as well.
I will turn their mourning into gladness;
   I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
14 I will satisfy the priests with abundance,
   and my people will be filled with my bounty,”
            declares the LORD.

So now I have a good idea for a script. Actually I have a good couple of ideas. :o) The greatest thing is I'm studying this stuff in a time where I am down a bit. It is reassuring to know that whatever negativity is sent my way, whether allowed by God or otherwise, I am promised that it is temporary as long as I am faithful. Woot!
Okie, now I have to actually write the script(s), lol. 

No comments: