Thursday, November 5, 2009

My embarrassing moment at work...

Sometimes, I really love working at the Table.
I get to interact with reeeeeeeeeeally interesting folks and I my co-workers are prety boss.
I like to watch the people who come in and, sometimes, learn interesting stuff about them.
Yesterday, two older gentlemen came in and were seated.
As I was going about my side work, I overheard their conversation about baseball.
(I think it was baseball.)
Anyways, they made me smile because their conversation was so relaxed, so casual I almost expected a chess board to appear between them.
Overall, I love the Table.
Until something mondo embarrassing takes place.
Like yesterday.
*SIGH*
SO, Tuesday, Yvonne and I were discussing Youtube videos and I wrote down a few titles from this canadian comedian that I had discovered recently, Jon Lajoie.
Funny stuff.
I folded the paper when I handed it to her because some of the song titles aren't the most workplace appropriate, but all is explained away once you watch the videos.
I later logged on to facebook to find that Darling Yvonne wrote on my facebook, saying she left the list at work and needed the name again.
Not a problem.
WELL...
Yesterday, in the midst of my side work, I trekked over to JR Hooks to get some to-go cups.
When I came back into the Table, I saw Jennifer, Angie, and Yvonne huddled around this piece of paper.
As I approached, I saw that this piece of paper was, in fact, the one I handed Yvonne the day before.
The absolute horror didn't strike until Angie told me that this list of ours was found by one of the guests in the dining room.
THEN my heart stopped.
I looked at Jennifer and, in a flood of words and worries, quickly explained the innocence of the situation and why I had written down these particular titles.
Luckily, it was Angie's cousin who found the list and, LUCKILY, Jennifer said we were to play it off as though it had come from a guest.
*DOUBLESIGH*
That was a bittersweet relief as I was still mondo embarrassed.
The moral of this story?
IF it isn't workplace appropriate, wait to post it on Facebook.

(BTW, I apologize to anyone who was expecting a boob-related mishap. )

No comments: