Wednesday, May 5, 2010

My current frustration and opening night (Opening NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT. It's Opening NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!)

I hate Writer's Block. It sucks even more since life has given me tons of material lately, but my muse isn't giving me the clarity I need... This sucks majorly since I find writing poetry so therapeutic and healing. All I can do is look over poems I written in the past and just say "Yup, been there, done that." ARGH. It is so frustrating. I start writing something only to delete it, yelling at the screen because it didn't help conjure up exactly what I wanted it to say in the most eloquent and poignant way possible. I'd kill for a good metaphor right now........... The worst thing is knowing that inspiration could hit at any stupid moment like when I'm onstage in the middle of a show or during a busy lunch rush or when I'm driving. Any stupid moment when I can't grab a pencil and my poetry journal and just go to town. DOUBLEARGH.

In other news, No Exit opens tonight at 8 pm. I am really excited to see how an audience responds. Britt had an old friend come in and he seemed to really like it. Or he was the greatest actor in the history of EVER. We shall see...

No comments: