Monday, February 7, 2011

Poems for which I can't find an ending....

Sometimes this happens: I start writing a poem, thinking I'm on to something and then.... nothing. My inspiration vanishes. Argh.


If I ever had the right answers to your awkwardly placed questions,
I pray I can tell you all though you'll just forget them.

If I can't sing the right notes, or words get caught in my throat
I hope you see the thoughts in my eyes.




If I manage to make you smile wide,


I hope you'll let it linger long enough to capture it in my mind.


If I ever seem to stare too long, or my grip is far too strong,
I pray you know I'm barely hanging on.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Burning, smolder, rubble and ash.
Walking slow and picking up the pieces.
Trying to remember, trying to forget.
Wishing I had a drink to wash it all away.
Words you said come back to me through the rustle of the wind.
Confusion suddenly trickles away, stinging on my skin.
You seem to drift away, coming back to lead me on.
Only when I'm falling once again do I realize you're gone.
You're only good for one thing, and babe it isn't me.
I can't seem to move on even though you say I'm free.


No comments: