Monday, February 21, 2011

Some older poems.

Since I am not able to write a new poem, I figured I'd post some older ones. These two are my favorite dark ones....

Slip into something more comfortable 
slip into my skin and then you will see all the bad things I've been
Well this is my world (It's sad and it's true)
Everyone is welcome, there is room for you too
There is not much to eat but there is plenty to see
If you are looking for pain, well just follow me
If you are looking for hate look in your own soul and you will see yourself losing control
If you are looking for fear, well, there is plenty, my dear
In my own world, you'll live in your nightmares
If you are feeling confused, just call it abuse
My world chewed you up and is taking its dues
And if you are looking for that one thing that we call  "love"
well, we decided to  it's best just to leave it above
It will hamper the operations and riff raff of my world
It will rip us apart and leave us unfurled...
We are better off anyways 
without that painful way of pushing through every day 
with the hope of love to save you from another day of pain
....so much pain...
Some come on!
Let's forget that awful malfunction of the human mind
Let's make connections of our own kind
Through  your hate and your pain 
confusion and sin
In my world the bad guys always win!
(Yet....
in the end...
My one true friend is neither my hate or my fear
nor my sin...
It is sadness mixed with guilt and regret
There is one pain you will pray you never get...
sometimes...
I wish for love though it belongs to the world up above
It has no place here my dark world
Yet...
My heart is empty... 
I feel so alone as I sit so piously on my golden throne
There is not hope for me
This much I've known...)
So come on!
Let's forget that awful malfunction of the human mind 
Let's make connections of our own kind
Through your hat and your pain
confusion and sin
In my own world the bad guys always win!

______________________________________
Hanging  from this noose 
I fashioned keeping my sanity 
on the shelf 
Pushing myself to the end
This rope becomes my friend
Cradles me and hold me close
as I become another ghost
Swings me gently as I snap
Watches me slipping into the trap
Sees me writhe in the silky web
Watches my memories....
.....away they ebb
The night begins to overcome the day
As I begin to fade away
______________________________________________






I stopped to see your face, hoping you'd be crying
I saw you smile and I started to die..........

No comments: