Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Unfinished poems, FINISHED!

A certain darling man wrote me and said he had edited and added to my unfinished poems I recently posted.....


If I ever had the right answers to your awkwardly placed questions,

I pray I can tell you all though you'll just forget them.

If I can't sing the right notes, or words get caught in my throat
I hope you see the thoughts in my eyes.

If I manage to make you smile wide,
I hope you'll let it linger long enough to capture it in my mind.

If I ever seem to stare too long, or my grip is far too strong,
I pray you know I'm barely hanging on.

If I reach out and I am only able to touch your hand,
I hope you know you touch my heart.

If I can only show you one thing,
I pray you can you can see what I see.

A rare and priceless treasure is what you are.
__________________________________________

Burning, smolder, rubble and ash.
Walking slow and picking up the pieces.
-alone
Trying to remember, trying to forget.
Wishing I had a drink to wash it all away.
-hurting
Words you said come back to me through the rustle of the wind.
Confusion suddenly trickles away, stinging on my skin.
-sobbing
You seem to drift away, coming back to lead me on.
Only when I'm falling once again do I realize you're gone.
-longing
You're only good for one thing, and babe it isn't me.
I can't seem to move on even though you say I'm free.
-chained
shackled to a past that I never should have had
walking a path that i chose for me
-downcast
i raise my eyes, looking for a reason to continue
scanning the horizons for just a glimpse of you
-lost
i can only sit on the side of the path and cry out
my only choice is to wait for the end to come

No comments: