Sunday, February 8, 2009

... 'til there was you.....














Sometimes I love technology.
Sometimes it doesn't love me.
Today...
We have a mutual love and respect for one another....
We purchased a new printer today.
Not because we needed to replace our old standard but hearty printer, but because we discovered we have growing needs that it couldn't fullfill.
Needs like copying.
And scanning...
And, perhaps, even faxing.
After rushing out of the theatre and a third day of theatre duties, I went to the wonderful MART of WAL with my dear mother to get a few groceries and our newest piece of technology.
Despite the myriad of unhelpful employees, mom and I were able to successfully whittle our choices down to a Lexmark model.
Simple enough, it is exactly what we needed.
I wanted a machine that had a control panel, but it had to be easy enough so mom would wig out everytime she had to scan something....
LOL.
Once we got it home I almost instantly pulled it out of the box and started the installation.
After 25 minutes of waiting for the disc with all the answers, bells, and whistles to decide to upload, I was able to connect the printer to the computer.
Voila!
It's fabulous!
I've been scanning paper like crazy for the past hour and half.
I have a new love.
And it's a printer/scanner/copier...

No comments: