Sunday, March 22, 2009

A frighteningly wonderful thing...

Last night, among other things, Josh and I got onto the conversation about the future.
As in OUR future.
Together.
I gotta say, it's an amazing thing about which to think.
The idea of one day marrying Josh has never been far-fetched, but now...
It's absolutely surreal and fantastic.
And the fact that, one day, it's going to happen is beyond words.
It's hard to believe this is it.
I'm slightly peeved that we have to wait a couple of years, with college and all, but I'm willing to keep the boyfriend/girlfriend/dating theme going, taking solace in the fact that we are both sold on the idea of getting married.
The only downside to this whole thing, besides the waiting part, is knowing we HAVE TO PLAN A WEDDING.
Ugh.
I am totally content with driving down to Vegas and getting hitched there.
UNFORTUNATELY, he and I both know our mothers would KILL us if such a stunt was attempted.
argh.
Fortunately, there is still plenty of time for all the details, and, for now, Josh and I will just focus on bettering ourselves and our relationship in order to reach that goal.
Three years isn't that long of a time, right?

No comments: