Sunday, May 17, 2009

Purple and black, and blue and gold....

Well.
It has come down to this.
Today is the day, and all that jazz.
Junia is currently running amok in insanity, along with mom (of course), getting ready for bacclaureate (is that how it's spelled?) which starts at 1:30.
The Graduation ceremony is at 3.
God only knows how much of my soul that will suck away.
I almost want to bring a book to the ceremony.
I might just do that....
I mean, M is in the middle of the alphabet, so we have a couple hundred other kids to sit through before and after her name is called.
I just can't wait for the party to start, so mom will chill out.
This has been one of those weeks where I freak out when I think about getting married.
I mean, if she's this bad now, I can only imagine...
I think I'll skip the sedative dart and just give her some special brownies and a tall bottle of Arbor Mist.
That may only work temporarily though, as mom tends to be a sharp cookie, and may very well recall what it felt like to be high all those eons of years ago when she was in high school.
Before she found the Jesus, of course.
;o)
But I digress.
I am excited that Junia is finally graduating as I know she HATED high school.
She's had senioritis since freshman year, so I'm trying my best to not ruin today for her.
I'm am happy that she has her gold cap and gown, and will be sitting amongst the others hundred blue and gold graduates, just as I did four years ago, just as our cousin did eight years ago, and his sister 15 years ago, and just as mom and dad did 27 years.
The baby of this generation of our family is graduating today...
Just between you and me, I'm so proud of her for all she has accomplished.
Sure, she's a pain in the arse, but she's a great kid.
And I love her.
Just don't tell her that....

No comments: