Saturday, June 27, 2009

MJ and Farrah... RIP

I felt so strange when I thought about this:
Michael Jackson died.
You never think about these things until they happen, you know?
You almost expect these people to live forever, that they'll be around for your children and other future members of the world to recognize and follow (or despise), and MJ was definitely a staple in the music community.
Everyone knows who Michael Jackson is/was.
When discussing a celebrity of that caliber, you don't need to explain who you are talking about.
And now, I suddenly realize that when I have a kid or my little cousins get older, if/when they hear one of his songs, are ask who he is, it'll be a past-tense explanation.
How strange.
And no disrespect to Farrah.
She was an Icon, though for different reasons.
I really admire that she publicly suffered with the cancer, not hiding it like so many celebrities tend to do.
And it took courage, especially for someone who was made famous for being a sexual Icon, so to speak.
When I heard of each of their deaths, I couldn't help but silently prayed that, in their final moments, all was well between them and God.

It has been a strange week for us all.

No comments: