Monday, June 15, 2009

Uh-oh, she's ranting about texting (so you know it's good.)

I love texting.
Everyone who knows me has seen me text several times before.
They also know that it's my main mode of communication.
In my book, if you're debating between texting or calling me, always text (first, at least.)
I love it.
Unless you text me when I'm asleep.
Then, I'm totally NOT in love with either texting or the person who sent me the message.
SO, I feel I must lay down a rule or two.
(This may be a rant.)
Now, one may wonder, "Tahrea, if you don't want people calling and texting you while you are asleep, why do you have your phone around or even on?"
Good question.
My mother, and up until last week my father, works 3rd shift, which means she doesn't get home until 6:30, 7:00 am every morning.
I keep my phone on in case of emergency.
(Don't question my reasons...)
Now, rule of thumb is this:
I usually wake up around 8:30, 9:00 am everyday.
When I receive a message at 7:30 am and it wakes me up (and trust me, it does), I tend to get a little heated.
Especially if the night before wasn't full of rest and pleasant dreams.
The problem is when the phone goes off and wakes me up, I automatically think it's the alarm.
When I reach for the phone and realize in the process that the phone whistled instead of the obnoxious alarm, meaning someone sent me a message and shook me awake, I get especially aggravated.
I really lose my mind if the message contains a innocuous note that could've wait at least a couple of hours.
I have a few friends who get to bed around the same time I'm getting up, or maybe earlier, much like mom.
To them I say if you want to text or even call me, wait til you wake up in the afternoon or evening, when we are BOTH awake, to contact me.
ARGH.
All the same rules apply if you, GOD forbid, decided to call me.
Trust me...
If you don't want to find yourself on my daily scorn list, don't bother me until after....... 9 am.
It's a good rule by which to live.

No comments: