Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The end is near!!!!


So, the end is near. The end of 2009, that is. And what a year it was. In my last post of 2008, I wrote:
2008 was an active and productive year for lil Miss Tahrea, I must say.
And what of 2009?
I wonder what it holds...
I can expect several blunders of various sorts.
Theatrical happenings.
Many more friends and acquaintances...
More anger.
More laughter.
Maybe more love, which will more than likely result in more despite if I choose the wrong person.
Again.

I guess...
2009 will be more of the same...
and more. 


I have to LOL as I read that because it was vague enough to be right on the money. Indeed, there were many new theatrical happenings, friends, emotions, and a whole lotta love. Let's reminisce for a moment....
Friends and Family:
-Josh and I started dating February 20th. Well, technically our first OFFICIAL date was the 26th, but the sparks started flying that first fateful night. Our relationship started in a theatre...
-Sam had Avalyn on April 4th, and I was there for it. What a night.
-Junia graduated High School in May.
- Madison turned 6 and started 1st Grade. Grace turned 4 and started Preschool. Nevaeh turned 2.
-Baby Zach was born on November 18th. A BOY!
-I gained several new friends and connections through my theatrical happenings, which leads me to...
Theatrical Happenings:
-I successfully completed Treasure Island, my first stint as a director.
-I became a reviewer with www.theatrevault.com.
-I finished my first year in May as Musical Theatre Instructor for the Charmion Performing Arts Center, and I began my second year in September.
-I successfully directed my second production, Dorothy Meets Alice.
-I was a last minute member of the Rosebriar Shakespeare Company's rendition of Midsummer Night's Dream, which rocked.
-I played Bianca in RSC's production of Taming of the Shrew.
-I had auditions and began the rehearsal process for my third show, A Kidsummer Night's Dream which is going up in February.
Randomness:
-Bea Arthur, Billy Mays, Brittany Murphy, David Carradine, Dom DeLuise, Ed McMahon, Edward Kennedy, Farrah Fawcett, Henry Gibson, James Whitmore, Jett Travolta, John Hughes, Les Paul, Michael Jackson, Mollie Sugden,  Natasha Richardson, Patrick Swayze, Walter Cronkite, and many more all passed away. RIP, all.
-Dad was laid off.
-My grandfather has been fighting through his pancreatic cancer.
-We moved into our new house, although there are still some minor things that need to be taken from the old house.
-I began search for more opportunities to babysit and eventually become a nanny. Wouldn't that be cool?
-We started going to church again! Woot for Christian Life Fellowship!
- I finally got a better cell phone and a laptop.

2009 was a good year. I got a lot done. I added friends and added to my theatre resume. I found something more in my relationship with Josh. I reconnected with folks I never thought I'd talk to again. SO, what do I see for our new decade???? Truthfully, no idea. I guess I could be as vague as I was almost a year ago, predicting theatrical happenings, anger, laughter, friends, and love. I will say I hope, I HOPE 2010 brings a better financial situations, resolution to old issues, and a new car. I will predict more adventures with Josh and my family. My resolution is to continue down the path of eating and living healthier and embracing life more. Oh, and to find a way to control my anger. I'm sick of turning into the Hulk whenever I get mad. It's not fun.
But that's another story.

Happy New Year to you all!

No comments: