Wednesday, April 8, 2009

All in all, you're just another brick in the wall...

I was so upset I couldn't slough it off by breathing.
I couldn't focus on positive thoughts.
I scrambled to my car and grabbed my bible and just cracked it open.
I just started reading and praying.
The interesting thing is I read about Wisdom, passages I read recently.
But I re-read them.
And prayed.
And the pain subsided.
I was/am still miffed, but I'm able to think logically.
If I hadn't stopped and read, I would've written a HUGE, angry blog in place of what I write now.
It breaks my heart to hear of those who twist Christianity and make it into something negative.
What I mean is this: When your mission and your stance in Christianity has little to do with Christianity, there is a problem.
When your "personal" belief system was instilled and conditioned to be as the rest of your religious community, leaving no room for individual thought or interpretation, there is a HUGE problem.
When you turn on others and turn a cold shoulder towards your friends because they don't believe as you do....
That is truly sad.
One thing that truly upsets me is I can't do anything but sit and watch what happens.
And pray.

No comments: