Friday, April 24, 2009

Theatre Theatre Theatre.....

Last night, I was transformed into a giant teapot.
Yes, the freaking Mrs. Potts costume.
Ugh.
Tonight is the studio photo shoot.
ARGH.
Not only do I have to dress up and look snazzy, but I have to put on that ridiculous costume.
Don't get me wrong, it's a cute costume, and the kids liked it.
BUT, after taking it off, I found myself COVERED in tiny gold glitter, and, as we all know, glitter is the herpes of craft supplies.
Because I have been under the weather all week, I couldn't sing.
I sounded like a croaking frog, slowly dying...
Luckily, the kids all have their inanimate object costumes as well, and Sean and Jake have their Lumiere and Beast costumes, and all of the Belle dresses are done, so we will have a nice cast picture.
Now, if I could just figure out the rest of the choreography for Be Our Guest....

Tomorrow, Josh and I will be joining Danielle to watch Emerald City Players' Cliffhanger, whatever that may be.
I've never heard of this production, but I always try to remain optimistic.
Last weekend, mom and I went to see Bread and Circus' The Chalk Garden, which was really good.
The great thing about doing these reviews is that I get to see all these obscure and unknown productions, stuff of which I've never heard.
AND I get to write about said shows.
Fabulous.
I'm really pumped because NEXT weekend is PR's Cabaret AKA Junia's LAST Show Choir Cabaret EVER.
Then Josh and I are going to see Westerville High School's Production of Little Shop of Horrors on Saturday.
AGH!
I have always wanted to see a stage version of Little Shop, so I'm really pumped.
I am going to get me some theatre this month!
The following Monday is the next board meeting, in which I am sorely hoping we vote on next year's season, if not just the summer show.
That way I can start telling kids and parents alike to get ready and I can start organizing what we need.
*SIGH*
So much theatre.....
I love it.

1 comment:

Danielle Filas said...

Ha! I'm in theatre overload, too!
Last night: To Kill a Mockingbird at the Palace in Marion (well done, but Atticus was like 70 years old and WEEPY..... Atticus Finch does not weep!)
Tonight: Chalk Garden with Gar.
Tomorrow: Cliffhanger with you and yours.
Sunday: Chekhov farces at Rosebriar.

DAYUMN. Next weekend is a wedding in Tulsa. That's a lot like theatre.

(decul)