Thursday, April 9, 2009

Does anyone have a paper bag?????????

Easter is in a few days.
It's weird, because I'm not really in an Easter mood.
I mean, I guess it probably has something to do with my not being church, but I almost completely forgot it was coming up when I was so engulfed with Treasure Island.
(I never thought I'd ever reach the moment where all references to Treasure Island include the word "was," as if it has past....)
Luckily, mom has seen it fit to inform all of us that we are going to church with the grandparents on Sunday, to which I say, "Okay."
I've been wanting to go back to church for some time now.
Actually, in lew of recent events, both Josh and I agree that he and I need to find a new church to attend.
This makes me smile because it's something he and I will do together, and it's something that is important to us both.
And I can't help but to think this is something that will bring us closer to each other and God.
It's a win- win situation.
I was kinda sad I hadn't been able to take part in any easter activities like painting eggs or shopping for baskets for the girls, etc, until Rhonda and Josh invited me to a family function this Saturday where, lo and behold, there will be both small children and egg painting whatnot.
SCORE!
All week I've been pumped with the idea of meeting some family and being a kid again.
THEN, Josh drops a hilarious bomb on me last night.
See, in my mind, I assumed (stupid of me, I know) that we were going to go over and I was going to meet a couple of people and their kids and it was going to be a small family thing.
NOT.
During our conversation last night, Josh proceeded to break down exactly who I was going to meet on Saturday, which is totally fine.
THEN, he goes on to list about 30 people, parents and children alike, and their relation to he and his parents.
AUGH!
I told him, "That's not a family gathering to paint eggs. That's Christmas!"
I love meeting new people, but the idea of meeting a bunch of family members AT ONCE is a bit daunting.
Originally my plan was to dress nice enough and put on a smile and be my charming self.
Not hard.
"Throwing me to the Lions," as Josh put it, is not part of that plan.
More people means more charm and more effort to be fabulous.
AGH!
I'm sure it will go well, but I hung up the phone last night feeling a bit more nervous.
Maybe I'm just over thinking it....
Josh said they'd be nice to me and I'd be okay, which I totally believe.
However, because it IS his family, and because I'm his first girlfriend AND "the one," I know I will be under a certain amount of scrutiny, and that is terrifying.
My plan for now is to stick with my original plan, and just smile, charm, and pray I don't get egg coloring on my clothes.
lol

2 comments:

Danielle Filas said...

Just smile and ask people about themselves. Can't go wrong.

Femin said...

I dont have a paper bag, but have paper cake.