Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Patience in agony.

http://www.prevention.com/blastbellyfat/2.html
So the second day of auditions went well, despite the fact that only two chicks showed up.
Danielle said she's auditioning a couple of more folks today since they couldn't be there last night or Saturday.
Now that I've experienced the standpoints of actor and director, I can't help but laugh at the split view I get in situations like this one.
For instance, an actor who filled a directing position would hear the above statement and might feel that this extra day is unfair to those who showed up.
However, as a director, I know that sometimes some of the actors who wish to audition for your show may not be able to make it to the audition dates, and ask ahead of time for a make up day of sorts.
I had such an incident with Wizard of Wonderland.
It happens.
Another comical difference between the actors and director is the time between auditions and announcing the cast list.
Danielle said she would contact all of us folks who auditioned and let everyone know who got what on Friday.
So, between probably AFTER today and Friday Danielle will take this time to deliberate and decide who to cast and where to put the actors she wishes to cast.
Meanwhile, the hopeful actors who auditioned (Junia and I included) must wait, not sure of what these next few weeks will bring us.
We wait and wait and wait and wait, wishing we could just KNOW.
She NEEDS this time.
We HATE the wait.
This is one small comedic part of real life theatre.
I love it.
To be completely honest, I would LOVE to know my fate, whether or not I got a part and if I did, who.
You know.
But the director inside knows I have to be patient and not wish to rush things.
So I must be patient.
*SIGH*

See?
A split personality is a good thing.

No comments: