Friday, August 28, 2009

I wanna elect a 5 year old for president in 2012!

I, with my ever churning mind, had a random thought that has led to several thoughts related to (yet just as random as) the original thought.
As I was taking a shower this morning, part of the theme song from Borat (yep, the Kazakhstan National Anthem) was going through my head.
"Kazakhstan is greatest country in world.
All other countries run by little girls."
That second line caught my attention.
"run by little girls."
And I thought to myself, what's wrong with that?
Then I thought, it wouldn't be much different from how things are now.
Think about it:
Little girls control the people around them.
Depending on the age, these tiny humans have the potential to manipulate total strangers.
Think about the last time you saw a cute little girl you didn't know, and she smiled at you.
I bet you smiled back, felt all warm and fuzzy inside, maybe even thought "Aw, what an adorable little girl."
A smile.
A giggle.
Or worse, a high five or hug.
That's all it takes.
"I'm showing you affection and it makes you smile."
Now think about this:
When a little girl finds opposition from another little girl, say a stolen doll or cookie, what does the former little girl usually do?
She either cries, takes the stolen treasure back, hits the thief, or any combination of the three.
Or...
Or this little girl will cry until SOMEONE ELSE, say mommy or daddy, gets the perloined play thing and brings it back.
The crying made mommy or daddy work for her.
How are these things not like any given country's actions now????
Being charismatic to strangers, manipulating people,those closest to us and total strangers, vengeful or sneaky tactics.
I say let little girls run the country.
I think they'd get things done.
Then we can all come together with our favorite toys and have an epic tea party.
I'll bring the scones.

1 comment:

Danielle Filas said...

Plus, all it would take is an ice cream cone to end a war!
LOVING IT!