Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Day four of my imprisonment

I have reached the brink of insanity. I have sat in this house for four days now. I no longer find solace in my bedroom. Nay, it is but a tomb of disease, a sepulcher of sickness, enshrouded by used tissues and a snuggie. Slowly, the bed and walls have begun to mock me. Their entrapment reminding me of the health and freedom that exists outside their walls. They torment me so. When I shiver I reach for a blanket. But soon I am covered in beads of sweat. It is agony! My nose is no longer a nose but a red beacon of pain and trumpeting alarums. Even my own voice betrays me. I no longer carry the light effeminate notes of a 22 year woman, but those of a 45 year old man with a heavy cigarette addiction. My only companion, my laptop, has become my enemy. I loath its screen, I loath the places it takes me, yet I cannot stay away. I want to leave this ungodly house of madness but cannot step outside for fear of chill and more sickness. I must sit, stewing, simmering, festering in my aggravation. I long for sleep to bring the next day, praying it will bring health and an end to this horror.
Lord help my poor soul.

No comments: