Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Georgia, Part Two

As the plane rose from Port Columbus, each light was a twinkling jewel in the landscape. They gave a comforting glow to the picture the small window created for me. The funny thing is as we descended into Atlantan it was lighter as the sun was rising and the lights of the city were bright and harsh. They almost intimidated me, as did the INSANE size of the Atlanta Airport. RIDICULOUS. I completely despise airports. Completely. Period. However, they got me here, and for that I am thankful. After getting the halfing plane with Carol, Ray picked us up and took us back to grandpa's house to drop off our luggage and see Ethel, grandpa's wife.
At the hospital I finally got to see my grandfather. I also got meet his brother David, and Whitney and Scott, David's kids. They were such wonderful people, full of the sense of humor that must be a prominant trait of the Tallent family. Although grandpa's health is diminishing, he was somewhat responsive and was joking with everyone else. I am so glad I'm here finally, but so sad that it took so long.
Tomorrow I shall return to the hospital with Ray and Carol. I hope tomorrow is a smooth day and neither Grandpa or Ethel suffer.
Please God.

No comments: