Monday, March 15, 2010

Such is the life of an actress.

For the past year, I had been so focused on Kidsummer that I gave little thought as to what was ahead in my theatrical quest once the musical was over. Now that I've closed the theatre doors on my production and everyone has moved on, I have realized that I have been forcibly placed into the lifestyle of the everyday American: Wake up, work, go home, menial household duties, bed. Lather, rinse, repeat. Luckily, Theatre Vault has kept me in the loop, allowing me to attend productions and revel in the company of other theatre folk. But that can only satisfy the soul for so long before that familiar pang starts back up, that overwhelming need to act, to perform. Fellow thespians know this feeling quite well, suffering through a sabbatical only to long for the stage and lights. In short, I NEED TO ACT! Aforementioned fellows also know that there is pride in directing but it is so much different than acting. It takes on a different meaning, a different affect on the individual. I love directing, and I hope to do it for years to come. Especially with all of the wonderful youngsters that I've been blessed with. I just can't wait to get another part. For anyone who has met me in real life, you know that I am a bit... dramatic at times. That drive has to be exercised through some outlet every once in a while or I go crazy. Thank God acting was invented.
 So now, the question remains: What do I do now??? Well, I have a few options, thankfully. I won't name names until I am 100% certain, there is one role that I'm excited about, and I think I may get. Hopefully. If that doesn't work out, I'll probably cry, but audition for another show and life will go on. Such is the life of an actress.  

No comments: