Sunday, October 19, 2008

Blatant Contradictions

I'm in the state of mind
of being out of my mind
I can't think as I dream
thoughts reversing my musings
trying to breath
as I inhale the smoke
Too many faces
on the bodies all around me
I hold onto my drug as I O.D. again
Pushing the needle,
Breathing the seed
Who are these people
who own the bodies?
Do they know they are dying
as they live?
They kiss their tears away
as they laugh
and kill in their times of love
the caresses in a hug
hold so many lies
as truths carry notes
of satirical melodies
The players are puppets
Dancing mercilessly
to a forgotten song
They can cut the strings
but they forgot how
Do you see their tears
as they sing of Jesus?
Preacher and the choir
listen to my speech playing
Check your timepiece still ticks
Don't yawn as you fall asleep
Don't contradict yourself
the congregations eyes see all
We evolve as we regress
into our childlike thoughts
and mentalities
Use the pacifiers
God presented us
the day we first took the high
Take orders from
our heavenly father
to use Mother Nature
against herself
Hypocrisy thrives
in this world
of lunatics
Pinch yourself of dreams
and what they could mean
Wake up screaming lets you know
you're alive
Don't worry about me
I'll haunt you when I'm dead

No comments: