Tuesday, October 21, 2008

We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office- Aesop

So, I was driving home tonight and I actually had acouple of rants going through my head.
Politics.
Theatre.
They aren't MAJOR rants, but I believe they are relevant to publicize.
Okay.
Politics.
Now, since I turned 18 in 2005, this will be the first presidential vote where my opinion will matter.Of course, I'm one of those young americans that has always wanted to vote and make my opinion matter.
I know.
Anyways, I personally think this election has been and will be one for the history books.
I mean, no matter the outcome, no matter who is elected, the next presidency will change history.We'll either have an African American President with a regular white guy VP, or a regular white guy President with a female VP.
CRAZY!
Anywhoo...
It's important that whomever we as individuals decide to vote for, we need to make sure we are doing so because it's the right decision.
Don't vote for McCain because you've always voted forthe Republican candidate.Really explore what both candidates have to offer.
Don't vote for McCain because you think Obama is aterrorist.
DON'T vote for McCain because Obama is a black man.
DON'T vote for Obama because Obama is a black man.
Don't vote for Obama because you've always voted forthe Democratic candidate.
Don't vote for Obama because McCain has a female VP.
Now I say all this knowing full well that the majority of Americans WILL vote on at least one or more of these midsets....
Which is sad.
Personally.
I'm voting McCain.
I was going to vote for Obama.
I really was.
I like Obama.
I get a good vibe from him.
I think he is truly concerned for the country.
Unfortunately, the small part of my mind controlled by the "moral Values" voter in me took over withinthe past two months.
SO I'm voting McCain.
Don't hold it against me.
At least I've chosen a standpoint.
Oh, another thing I love about politics is how peoplewill turn on you for your views.Hello.I'm in a play right now with a somewhat diverse cast.
Different strokes, different folks...
And the majority of the cast is for Obama.
However, none of us go at each other's throats when politics come up.
It just shouldn't be that intense.
I don't know.
Maybe I'm just one of those people who can see both sides of the story.
Whatever.
............................................
So that's basically my rant on politics.
A little worn out by that.........................
Give me a minute....................
Okay.
Theatre.
IF you cast someone and you know, casting them, that this person has an illness or has any conditions that may hinder their performance in any way, you should find an understudy.
JUST TO BE SAFE.
HELLO.
IF one of your cast members is injured and, physically, can't or shouldn't do their part, and you have someone else who CAN do it, you should let the second party step in and fulfill the character untilthe original is able to do so.
HELLO.
DO NOT throw people on the stage, ON BOOK, opening night.
DO NOT throw your original actor onstage with crutcheswhen you know you are doing a musical show that requires a bit of movement from that actor.
HELLO.
I've only been doing this theatre stuff for...a little under 10 years, and I get it.
I don't know why people 15, 20 years my senior do notseem to grasp these simple concepts and solutions...
I don't get it.
Common sense I guess.

No comments: