Sunday, October 19, 2008

Padded room

In my mind, I stand alone in a crowd
you walk by not noticing
Everyday I scream away
thinking about the sky
energy is leaving me
I pace back and forth
weaving a new kind of dance
the pillows and soft textures
tell a story of insanity
in my padded room

you are my reason for breathing
I walk around in my padded room
breathing in the peppermint
I feel the prick and the love your medicine
You leave me your card and a stain
on my heart
Kissing promises on my forehead
How do I find the differences

between your hello's and goodbye's
if you never leave?
The birds always sing your name
the trees carry thoughts of you
the breeze gives me new perfume
you are here
in my padded room

There is danger in the safety
Of you lingering in my nose
in my mind
I eat my apples and continue my pacing
Praying through the silence
in my padded room

No comments: