Thursday, October 30, 2008

Opening niiiiiiiiight... It's opening niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight....

Opening night.
Wow.
Well..
We've made it.
We being the cast/crew of King Lear.
Well...
Sorta.
We still have to do the show.... 9 more times.
Some of us may not last.
I can totally see some killing others...
You know...
Cast members...
disappearing...
Or suddenly going the way of poor Regan...
The funny thing is how that kinda is a reality...
lol.
I think it is funny how you get to know folks in a cast.
I mean, I've met some interesting... I mean INTERESTING people in this cast.
This play has allowed me to continue my relationship with Rosebriar and Manny, who I just think is the bee's knees...
I have met another long lost sister in Danielle who shall never be rid of me now...
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
LOL.
This play has also taken me further into the sick and twisted world of thespianism...
Within this cast of interesting characters, I have seen the gambit of acting ability/experience on display.
I have seen different takes on scenes and characters, different attitudes....
It's been a while since I've been involved with an all adult cast, and I had forgotten how adult actors can be at times.
Another interesting aspect has been observing how these folks have developed their roles and developed into their roles...
If at all...
I myself am still kicking around a few ideas about my character.
The interaction between the actors, not the characters but the actors themselves, is ALWAYS a delight.
Theatre is the best place to see how different folks handle different situations, much like church.
This overall has been a roller coaster ride of craziness that I have... for the most part, enjoyed.

Oh.
BTW.
My scarecrow was awarded second place.
To the Tin Man-wannabe made by some locally owned heating and cooling company.
Such a crock....
I worked my bum off on that thing and rushed it to town hall just so it would be there by the "deadline" of 8 o'clock pm...
Ohmg, only to find out that there were others that were still coming in.
I mean, I saw scarecrows waiting to posted in the alley way as of last Sunday.
WHAT?
Small town.... whatever-ism....
bleh.
Oh, and what was my... "prize?"
(I choke on the word...)
A sandwich bag...
Full of reese's cups and despair...
And a crappy red ribbon on my scarecrow....
I swear the skull was crying tears of shame......
Those people are lucky I like reese's cups otherwise I would've stomped on the freaking bag.
Harlow kept telling me I should be happy I got 2nd place because there were a lot of different scarecrows and I'm not from Groveport....blablabla...
The scarecrow didn't represent me...
It represented Rosebriar....
It was Rosebriar's scarecrow....
Yeah, just popped that bubble...

1 comment:

Danielle Filas said...

It's amazing how childish adult actors can be, eh? And yes, I count myself among them.

I'm just tickled that I will now never be rid of you... the feeling, as Madeline Kahn would say, is MOOTOOUHHL.

Kiss kiss.

You rock.