Thursday, July 23, 2009

I almost died today.

So.
Driving down 270 today.
Actually up, as I was headed to Josh's.
Anywhoo, I started to merge left, and this bumhole comes flying up next to me, causing me to swerve back into my lane.
OF COURSE, I hit a patch of water and start swerving uncontrollably.
I'm praying and swearing at the same time as my car swerves so much that I actually spin around and across the three lanes.
I spin, see the cars behind me, and suddenly I'm perfectly still, on the side of the road.
I should have gone flying through the trees to god only knows where.
But I didn't.
I went from the center lane, facing the opposite direction, to the side of the road, a safe distance from the rest of the traffic.
And my car stopped.
I didn't crash.
I didn't get hurt.
I just sat there shaking.
As I finally regained enough composure to continue down the road, I realized what had happened.
I had a small moment where I realize how foolish I am to doubt God's presence in my life.
I could've hit someone.
I could've been injured.
My car, as large and awkward as it is, could've toppled over.
It should have.
But that didn't happen.
Hmm.

No comments: