Thursday, July 16, 2009

My life in the theatre... (or My life IS the theatre)

Tomorrow is opening night for my show.
I am amazed all this time has passed already.
the kids have done a wonderful job, together and individually.
The next two weekends will be one great show after another.
Because I so love chaos in all its many forms and cannot possibly be happy with little to nothing to do, I'm also doing Midsummer Night's Dream with Rosebriar.
lol
In truth, I volunteered to step in and play a fairy (Cobweb, to be exact) when they lost a few cast members.
And I am so happy to do it.
Steve has a vision for this show and it is unique and fun.
Plus, the cast is made up of a variety of actors, which always makes for a good time.
For the past week, I've been zooming from RTP up to Groveport, rehearsal to rehearsal.
A life of theatre.
Tomorrow night, after the RTP performance, my merry making will be short-lived as I have to scurry up to Steve's house to join he and several other cast members for a music rehearsal.
I laughed when I realized I'll be doing performances for the next four weekends.
lol
It's a great feeling.
And who needs sanity anyways?

Oh, on top of all of this hustle and bustle, I must find monologues for Rosebriar's Taming of the Shrew auditions.
AUGH!
I really must stop thinking.

No comments: