Saturday, July 18, 2009

THEATRETHEATRETHEATRE

So far we have been graced with two successful performances.
Today's audience wasn't a large as one would like, but the kids were marvelous.
I'm so very proud of them.
Since the past few days have been RUSHRUSHRUSH with little rest, it should not surprise a soul that we resolved to sequester ourselves within the refuge of our living room.
Mom and I were so delighted to be able to sit down and watch the Taming of the Shrew, which we've had in our possession for a few days, yet haven't been able to watch.
I have never seen it, and it's her favorite version, with Elizabeth Taylor (of course), so when she found out that I was/am dying to audition for Shrew, she insisted that we watch the movie.
GO-O-O-OOOOOLLY!
After reading the play this past weekend, I fell in love with the story, but this movie totally blew my mind, only adding to my desires to be in the show.
It also adds to the urgency to find a perfect monologue for the audition.
Junia also feels this urgency as she also wishes to audition.
Thus, the search continues...

1 comment:

Danielle Filas said...

http://shakespeare-monologues.org/

[lavic]