Sunday, November 9, 2008

Be careful of what you do before the lie becomes the truth....

Tears for Fears' song "Mad world" is randomly going through my head right now...
Just thought I'd share that.

As I sit here drinking the remains of my fourth glasses of Arbor Mist, I realized something....
I didn't get but five minutes from the rest of the cast before the depressive mood set in.
You know, that sad longing and realization that it is all over...
Our last production was tonight.
We tore down the set.
We gathered up the props and costumes.
We rode back to Groveport.
We kissed and hugged.
We all went our separate ways...
I felt alone.
Abandoned.
Without a home to call my own.
Well...
Part of me does.
The other part of me is happy to get back to my version of a normal life.
I'm glad to get back to have free evenings and whatnot, but, honestly, I'll still go through withdrawal.
I'm left with a void.
Ugh.
I hate this feeling.
Luckily, I have my sights set on auditions for "Little Johnny Jones" within the next month, and I'll be able to go see a couple of shows before then, so I'll be able to satify part of my need for theatre.
PART of it....
Sweet Rick Moore is in LTOB's production of "Blithe Spirit" and Danielle, who played Goneril, will be in Raconteur's "Mom and Pop."
YAY!
Plus, I'm preparing for my "Treasure Island" adventure which starts in January.
I can't believe it is only a few months away.
Time flies so fast when one isn't paying attention....

Still, I shall miss my friends and cast members of "Lear."
I think we all learned a lot about each other and ourselves with this production.
I know I learned a great deal about this production, especially since I knew little to nothing about it when I first auditioned for it....
Now I feel like somewhat of an expert, having gone over and through it so many times.
Man.
What a great show.
We received such great feedback from audience members.
We had a great show.
A great cast.
A great director.
And we all shared a great understanding for the show itself.
Looking back, we really were great together...
Onstage, stage that is....
Not everyone got along during rehearsals and backstage, but I think that THAT actually just added to the show.
*SIGH*
I personally think it was the best production in which I had ever performed.
I shall miss it dearly...
Luckily, I made friends and connections in this productions that shall not be forgotten or severed for a long time...
Whether those involved like it or not.


And now...
I leave you with the words of one of my favorite songs...

When I find myself in times of trouble, mother Mary comes to me, speaking words of wisdom, let it be. And in my hour of darkness she is standing right in front of me, speaking words of wisdom, let it be. Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be. Whisper words of wisdom, let it be. And when the broken hearted people living in the world agree, there will be an answer, let it be. For though they may be parted there is still a chance that they will see, there will be an answer. let it be. Let it be, let it be, ..... And when the night is cloudy, there is still a light, that shines on me, shine until tomorrow, let it be. I wake up to the sound of music, mother Mary comes to me, speaking words of wisdom, let it be. Let it be, let it be, .....

2 comments:

Danielle Filas said...

Well said! And a perfect song...

Aaron said...

I couldn't have said it any better. I'm going to deeply miss most of you to a great extent. I certainly hope our paths cross again in the future. And for all that I needed the show to be over for personal reasons, I do (and will continue to) miss the show - it really was quite an excellent production. Be well, Tahrea.