Wednesday, November 26, 2008

OMG!!!!! What may be the greatest opportunity I've gotten yet.....

Just listened to a song called "Twelve Pains of Christmas" by Bob Rivers...
Hilarious.

Anywhoo...
You know the saying "Opportunity Knock?"
In the past year, everytime an opportunity has come along for me, it has this way of just tearing the door down and announce its presence, rather than a simple knocking.
yeh.
Yesterday morning my manager, Jen, almost pounced on me during one of our usual conversations.
"Oh my gosh! I have something important to tell you!!!!"
lol.
It turns out she saw a notice in the Circleville Herald that Logan Elm High School is looking for someone to fill the High School Musical Director position for their spring musical.
*MAJOR GAY GASP!!!!*
After she told me she didn't bring the paper with her, we looked to the internet to find out what the details were.
Luckily, after 10 hasty minutes of searching, we found that one had to contact a Tim Williams.
After another minute of perusal, we found that Tim Williams is the Principal.
Ah.
The BOSSMAN.
I was already a nervous mess just thinking about it.
SO, Jen shoved the phone in my hand and told me to call.
I did.
I had to leave a message on his machine.
Meh.
THEN, he called me back 15 minutes later.
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG was my only thought.
Still, I thought I was quite calm and collected as we spoke.
He was a nice guy.
He explained that the position is for someone who will direct the spring musical for the high school.
Apparently there had been some confusion as to what the position, and folks actually thought it was the choir director position.
*SLAP THE FOREHEAD!*
Seriously???
He explained that they would start doing interviews next week and, gave me the address for the school and told me to send both my work resume and theatre resume.
AGH!
I spazzed out once I hung up with him.
I spazzed out all day, actually.
It's a really exciting thing for me, and this could be a HUGE break for me as well...
We'll just have to hope it works out...

2 comments:

Joey said...

Best of luck!!!, yeah you gained a fan.

rtpgurl said...

Well thanks Joemu!
You are are totally welcome to read and comment anytime!