Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Just. Go. Vote.

I voted.
Mom and I woke upt at 9-something, and went to Walnut Elementary to vote.
We stood in line for all of 5 minutes, and then voted.
We spent about 11 minutes there in the building.
I voted!
On some of the issues I wasn't as aware as I should have been, but that's why they give you a short summary on the issues to read there, right???
I'm so glad it's election day.
I am so sick of the political advertisements on TV.
They really get out of hand with these freaking ads.
Now, thank goodness, they will go away.
Now, we have the stories and stories and stories of the myriad of mistakes, misvotes, and misprints to which we have to look forward...
Yay...
I can't wait.

I have to say last night I found myself torn...
I was torn about for whom I was going to vote...
I mean, I've been raised in a household that has mostly leaned towards the republican point of view.....
I've been raised by moral values voters.
So it basically came down to killing babies or economic struggle......
Tough choice.....
My best friend told this morning that she had a huge sheet of paper upon which she had scrolled her likes and dislikes about the two main candidates.
Then she said, "I might have to go Ralph Nader. That guy just doesn't quit."
lol.
Sweet Samantha....
She also said something to the effect of, "...because my one vote is going to decide the whole election."
At this point, though, to each individual american with a political opinion, it probably does matter for whom you vote (Myself included), I'm just going to say that if you are registered to vote, then go VOTE.
PERIOD.

Now, I'm going to get off my mini soapbox and curl up into a sickly ball on the couch.

1 comment:

Danielle Filas said...

I voted! I voted! What a pleasure compared to the process in Chicago. There I had to vote in a dark, creepy place with angry election judges on old school "hanging chad" butterfly ballots. And I always had the sense that they took my paper ballot and corrected it before submitting it. Here? Clean place. Short wait. Friendly folks. Slick electronic kiosks with checkable ballots untouched by humans. Also a pleasure to vote for a candidate I actually like and admire (as opposed to one I hate less than the other.)
Good for you and for your friend for really considering your vote.