Wednesday, December 10, 2008

:- /

I realized it has been years since I picked up the fantastical tale of Treasure Island.
SO, when had this question posed to me,"Is your production of Treasure Island true to the story??????" I totally drew a blank.
Being the ever quick thinker that I am (ha), I went to this link and read a synopsis about the story...

http://www.cliffsnotes.com/WileyCDA/LitNote/Treasure-Island-About-the-Novel-A-Brief-Synopsis.id-175,pageNum-4.html

Luckily, from what I read, Brian Way did a fantastic job in translating the story to play form.
So, I can truthfully tell people, "YES, this play is pretty true to the story."
Hizzah!

In other news, one of the actors in Playing Away had to fly to New York yesterday, to see his dying mother.
I know.
It is all around terrible.
Needless to say, he won't be in the production this weekend.
BUT, Barry, the director, is gonna take the role over and be a hero.
Tonight's brush-up should be.... interesting.
We definitely can't screw around like we normally do on brush-up, since he'll be attempting to memorize lines and whatnot.
Dang it.

No comments: