Monday, December 8, 2008

The year without sanity.....

Ah....
First weekend down.
It went well.
Friday's audience was well received, and, likewise, received the play with much laughter and applause.
We were definitely pumped and full of energy.
Saturday's audience.
UGH.
They laughed and clapped....
sorta...
They failed as an audience.
'nough said.
Yesterday's audience surprised me.
Actually they surprised us all.
It was a good sized audience for a Sunday Matinee, and it wasn't all little old people as usual...
And we were overwhelmed with such an uproar of laughter, we were on top of the world.
It was a really great weekend overall.
I'm still waiting to hear back from Mr. Williams about what they have decided as far as this whole musical director thing goes....
As any of my family members can tell you, I have nooooooooooo patience.
I do not score well on the wait-and-sit-on-my-duff 'O meter....
Oh no...
Mix 7 oz. of my lack of patience with 5 cups of I-hate-surprises and 4 teaspoons of anxiety, and let it stew for a about a week.
Voila!
You have me.
Stewing away....
Tonight I'm heading back up to Groveport to add myself to yet ANOTHER cast of characters.
I have NO idea who is in this one...
Nor do I know the director.
But I will after tonight I guess.
I'm kinda worried about who might be there....
Could be veeeeeeeeeeery interesting.
Hopefully there is at least one or two people who aren't short of a bob or two...
I read a synopsis on the Tempest so I have a general idea as of what is going on story-wise...
Other than that, I have no idea what this guy wants me to do....
Guess I should get my sparkling personality out.
I'll dust it off and shove it in my pocket before I leave in case I need it...
I guess getting as much experience as possible is good...
I just can't believe I've just jumped from Lear to Playing Away and now to the Tempest.
THEN, I won't have anytime to breath when it comes time for Treasure Island.
Good Grief!
I'm not gonna get any rest from theatre til.........
Um....
MAY!!!!
Holy Crap!
Even though Treasure Island ends in the beginning of April, I'll have the studio's show/recital to work on, and that goes up on the...
16th of May....
And if I get this musical director position, the musical will go up in the end of April...
Good Golly Miss Molly.....
No rest for the Wicked...
WOW.
I have totally booked myself solid with Theatre stuff.
Wowwy-wow-wow.
AND!!
AND, there has been some talk of doing a children's production of sorts during the summer at RTP....
AND I know the studio will have some sort of camp thing going on.
HOLY CRAP.
I really need to stop looking ahead for a second...
NO social life for the wicked, either I guess...
It will be a straight year of theatre...
lol.

1 comment:

Danielle Filas said...

It must have been in the air on Sunday... Mom and Pop had a nice sized crowd, too... also not your typical blue-haired audience... also quite vocal and easily amused! We take it where we can get it, eh?

Hope your run goes well!

(thommerg)