Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2009= 2008 + more...

Wow.
after 360-some odd days, it's hard to believe there are less than 6 hours left in the year 2008.
It's also interesting to think that I am not the only person thinking about it right now...
Here in the final hours of 2008, I find comfort in the fact that I am not alone in this universe...
That millions of others are also speculating what 2009 will bring, and what 2008 presented....
for me, I can sum up my 2008 in a few words...
FREEDOM.
-I stopped working for Wal-mart at the beginning of the year.
-I turned 21. HA!
FAMILY
-Junia started her senior year....
AGH!!!!
-Mike, Tammy, and the girls moved down to our neck of the woods.
-Madison started Kindergarten.
AGH!
-Nevaeh turned a year old.
AGH!
-My goofy cousin Eric got married!
So sad I was sick and couldn't go...
But it still happened...
FRIENDSHIP.
-I started working at the Tuscan Table and found soooo many new folks with whom I could cavort.
-I also found several new amigos with the cast of Lear.... Fabulous, fabulous!
-I feel I have renewed my friendship with Tyler....
It's almost a co-dependent relationship now...
lol
LOVE.
(I hate that word sometimes...)
-Though Stephen and I are still friends, our relationship ended in May.
TOTALLY for the best.
-Ray remarried...
4th times a charm. ;-)
-I watched Junia agonize through three relationships over the course of the year, all of which ended with her tears....
-All of our friends rejoiced when Sam finally dropped Cole.
SO happy that is over....
Except for the whole baby part of it.
That will be exciting.
-Sam is having a baby girl!!!!
That is one more special person for us to love.
-I fell more in love with Shakespeare.
Big surprise...
-I was finally successful in kicking an agonizing crush to the curb, so to speak.
I finally had a moment of "This is never going to go anywhere..."
A moment of clarity, if you will.
And that is all it took.
Hizzah!
(That could actually go under the freedom category as well....)
-I realized a love interest or two that I didn't recognize before...
Potential, anyone???
THEATRE.
(Surprise, surprise...)
-I got to work with some super cool people at Wagnalls family Theatre with their children's production of Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe.
-I was the assistant director for Pinocchio at RTP, which was A-mazing.
-I became the musical theatre instructor for the Charmion Performing Arts Center in Circleville...
Totally WOOOT!
-I got an audience appreciation award for Mad Woman of Challiot with RTP.
-The board at RTP voted Treasure Island for the children's production for the 2008-2009 season, meaning I get to direct!!!
-I fell in love with another amazing production by that crazy Bard, Willie S., and I got to really stretch my wing in the deliciously malicious role of Regan.
-I fell in love with another deliciously amazing cast with King Lear.
-I finally got to see a live production of RHPS...
Hated it, but I got to see it...
-I helped with TVHS' production of MacBeth...
Totally B.A.

2008 was an active and productive year for lil Miss Tahrea, I must say.
And what of 2009?
I wonder what it holds...
I can expect several blunders of various sorts.
Theatrical happenings.
Many more friends and acquaintances...
More anger.
More laughter.
Maybe more love, which will more than likely result in more despite if I choose the wrong person.
Again.

I guess...
2009 will be more of the same...
and more.

1 comment:

Danielle Filas said...

((waves)) Thanks for adding cheer to my Lear year, dear.

(How perfect is this? The word I have to type? DREDHER hahahaaaaa)