Thursday, December 18, 2008

I didn't ask for this punishment... OR Have I mentioned how much I REALLY hate Hannah Montana?


Another christmas present victory!!!
Mom has been in... awe, I guess is the best word, over this *SHUDDER* Hannah Montana guitar thing she found recently in a Target catalog.
NOT for her self, dear God, but for Madison and Grace.
When she asked the two what they wanted for Christmas, mom was greeted with these responses...
Madi: What was your lipgloss we just used?
Mom: It is Dr. Pepper Flavored chapstick.
Madi: I want some of that.
Grace: ME TOO!
Mom: What else do you want for Christmas? Do you want clothes, or games??
Madi: Uhm...
Grace: YEAH!
Mom: Do you want any Hannah Montana stuff?
Madi/Grace:YEAH!!!!
Mom: Okay, what kind of Hannah Montana stuff?
Madi: A Hannah Montana Guitar!
Grace: YEAH! Me too!
Mom: Okay...
And so the adventure began.
The poor woman originally had her eyes on these acoustic guitars for the girls, til she saw they are $80 a pop.
YEAH, that's what we want to buy for them, just so they can turn around and NOT play with it a month later...
HA!
THEN, Lo and behold, Target held the answer...
A Hannah Montana Guitar in which it had three of her songs already programmed.
HA!
For $25!!!
HAHA!!!
But we don't normally make it up to Target.
Argh.
So, shopping in Wal-mart, I attempted to look about the Toy Dept. to find such an item...
to NO avail.
Double Argh.
All seemed lost.
And on top of that, money is kinda tight right now, so it looked grim...
Mom was disappointed that she couldn't get the girls the guitars.
She was sad because she didn't think we'd be able to get them much at all.
THEN, today at work, my dear and wonderful manager Jen and I were discussing her two girls, and what she was getting them.
After I poured out our sob story, she informed me that ODD LOTS had the guitar for which mom was looking.
*GAY GASPS ALL AROUND*
I flipped out.
After work, I scrambled over to the store and rushed to the toy section.
I scoured the aisles looking for the freaking guitars, but couldn't find hide nor hair of 'em.
ARGH!
I went up to the counter and asked a nice older manager about the guitars.
He rounded the counter and led me to a skid which I had sailed by and, LO AND BEHOLD, THERE was a stack of the guitars!!
AIGH!!
I could've kissed the man!
AND they were only $20!
HAH!
I scooped up two and quickly made my way up to the register and out the door.
When mom woke up and saw what awaited her on the kitchen table, she was quite joyous.
I made her the happiest woman in the world.
NOW, the two large toys are sweetly nestled in their wrapping paper.
Several other small Hannah Montana gifts are also individually wrapped on top of the guitars as well....
All now await Christmas day....
Which is only seven freaking days away.
Good God...
Now we just have to get some stuff for the baby and we are set.....
ugh.

1 comment:

Danielle Filas said...

HA!

Wasn't there just some hoax internet rumor that Miley Cyrus had been killed? Did YOU start that rumor?!?!

(mosor is the word)