Monday, December 22, 2008

Junia: a prime example of how guys totally suck


My little sister Junia is a fabulous young woman.
At 17 years old, she is amazingly mature and talented beyond her years.
She is an amazing singer, aspiring to become an opera star....
She is also a very pretty girl.
And she's a really great person, sweet, funny, and compassionate.
As far as being a younger sister, she's pretty cool.
We have our moments, of course, but overall Junia is a great person.
SO, for the life of me, I cannot understand two things when it comes to her...
1.) Why she dates these guys one can only label as F*&%tards
2.) Why do they always break up with her and break her heart
Last week her boyfriend Chris was supposed to come over a couple of times to practice with her and prepare for a little singing gig we were doing at the Table.
He canceled and, at the last minute, bailed on us, saying he had a sore throat.
WAIT.
He didn't bail.
His mom called and told us he wasn't coming.
THAT'S it.
Then, this evening, she was out with her friend Cortney, Christmas shopping, when she received a phone call from Chris.
As I wasn't there, I don't know the full details of the conversation they had.
All I know is that it resulted in a phone call to our mother, who came into the living room, phone on her ear, and told me that Chris dumped Junia.
On the phone.
THREE days before Christmas.
Oh, but he told her he still loved her, she later told me as she sobbed and shook...
....
....
....
Now, I'm that kind of sister where I'M allowed to be a punk to Junia.
I've earned that right as older sister.
BUT, when she comes home in tears for whatever reason, my phazers are set to KILL.
I already have anger issues.
I already get angry at the drop of a hat for the most absurd reasons.
This kind of stuff sets my anger into overdrive.
I offered several times over the weekend to call Chris and tell him what I really thought about him...
Junia turned me down everytime, of course....
Because she loves him.
ARGH.
I guess it's a good thing he did it before Christmas...
She and dad are in the process of MAKING an electric guitar for the gormless prat.
When I say making, I mean making.
Dad has already crafted two guitars that he wields onstage from time to time, so this wasn't a problem.
And it would've been a fantastic gift for Chris, being a musician and all.
He's NEVER gonna see that guitar now.
The whole situation really sucks bollocks.
I just don't get it.
Junia is a fantastic person.
A great girlfriend, NOT that I know from experience...
Just observation.
One flaw is that she chooses guys who are emotionally unstable and/or just retards.
She's made of stronger stuff, though...
I know she'll get through it...
Eventually.

No comments: