Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A night of minor setbacks.....

So.
The director, Susan, offered me the role of Florabell so and so....
NOT Goldie...
Goldie's best friend.
John said he thought I was being a bit of a diva because I said I wasn't going to do LJJ because I didn't get the part for which l auditioned.
AND I've decided to audition for The Tempest with Rosebriar.
They still need actors for the play, and I'm just free enough to do it.
lol
I'm cool like that.

I posted my last blog, like many others, on my myspace blog.
My mother commented on it....
I adore this woman.

"Regan truly was a pivotal point for your career as an actor; one that will open new emotions and perspectives for you. Your performance of Regan was beyond the mundane and it doesn't suffice with a descriptive "you were wonderful"...coming down from that high only to be met with a small supportive role or extra in an obscure, unknown musical is an adjustment, to say the least. You would do greatly in whatever role you play...but, what do I know; I'm just your greatest fan."

3 comments:

Danielle Filas said...

Well DARN. I think it's perfectly acceptable to pick the roles you want. And as a director, I would much rather have an actor turn down a role for whatever reason than show up and be bitter and pissy. OR worse yet, quit a few weeks into the process.
Do what you gotta do... never apologize, never excuse... if you are happy, you're on the right track.

rtpgurl said...

Thanks Danielle.

Aaron said...

I'm with Danielle on that one. There have been several times that I've auditioned for a specific role, and if I'd been offered something else, I would have turned the offer down.

Of course, it depends a lot on the company, the show, and how married you are to a specific role. Sometimes you might take any part, just to work with a specific company. But yeah, I've got no issues with an actor who says "I'm interested in these roles, and if that's not what I'm offered, than I'd prefer not to accept the role."