Thursday, December 4, 2008

Victory! or My search for a musical....

Have you ever had a moment where you know you've just won a small victory, or the word "BOOYAH!" goes through your head as you walk away from a situation, feeling highly triumphant???
I've had a couple this week, and I gotta tell ya, it feels gooooooooooood.
If you're like, lacking in patience, these small spurts of VICTORY can help tide you over til the real triumph occurs.
AH....
I love it.

In other news, I've been looking at musicals.
For the High school gig.
Not that I've gotten it yet....
Just preparing...
You know...
Jane mentioned "Godspell" tonight, which I know little to nothing about.
I just came acrossed "Bye Bye Birdie."
lol
I love Ann-Margaret.
But I hate High School Musical.
I swear.
Everytime I google any combination of the words High, school, and musical, THAT is what pops up.
ARGH!
I've done "musicals for high school students" and "musicals for high school performances."
ARGH.
Danielle suggested Grease.
HA!
That's gonna be a bitter tasting word for way too many of these kids....
And it'll probably be that way for a year or two...
But I digress.
I wonder how hard the Music Man would be.....
Meh...
I should just suggest Rocky Horror Picture Show and be done with it.
lol.
Yeah.
That'll get me the job....

Tonight was the last of my classes for 2008.
Ah....
A month without musical Theatre...
What will I do with myself????
HA!
Plenty, I'm sure...

Our play opens tomorrow.
Should be interesting.
Rehearsal was special tonight.
But, I guess a crappy Dress Rehearsal makes for a great performance, right?
At least, that's the hope.........

1 comment:

Danielle Filas said...

Godspell is an amazing show... way better (in my opinion) than Jesus Christ Superstar.
Annie Get Your Gun? Guys and Dolls? Kiss Me Kate? 42nd Street? Not sure what you have in the way of singers, boys, dancers, etc. So it's hard to say!
How ' bout AVENUE Q??!?!!

Kidding... kidding...