Wednesday, January 14, 2009

From anger to elation: a day in the life...

Today isn't a great day.
I still haven't gotten my scripts from Barry....
NOT fun.
I was cold at best and very depressed.....
I dunno.
Not good stuff....

Tomorrow is supposed to be the first day of my Musical Theatre classes for this semester.
I am stoked because I love the kids.
HOWEVER, I will cancel classes if the weather stays this crappy.
Regardless, I'll still be there around 3 to meet up with our head instructor, Virginia, and go over stuff for the recital.
We all have collectively decided to do it in two acts.
The first act will be like a regular recital, with separate individual bits for each class.
THEN, the second act will be OUR version of "Beauty and the Beast."
The reason I'm getting with Virg is to tweak the story line and kinda figure out with what direction we want to go.
THEN, I get the fabulous task of writing the script.
Hizzah....
lol.
OH!
Both her and our FABULOUS Irish step instructor (Who I adore!) Ryan have asked me to do the Mrs. Potts character.
That means singing and acting onstage with the kids.
Yep.
I don't mind...
My only issue is if someone else has an issue with it.
Virg said she's probably gonna do a little tap number, and the cheer instructor Tammi wants to dance too...
THEN, I won't feel so awkward.
I can tell right now that, come June, I will HATE both stories of Treasure Island and Beauty and the Beast....
lol

I ran across this play,The Murderous Mansion of Mr. Uno, A deadly comedy by Don Zolidis.
I think it is wicked funny and it's a sort of spoof on the movie version of CLUE.
GENRE Murder Mystery/Comedy
LENGTH Short, 40-60 minutes
CAST 5 females, 6 males
SET Unit set. The living room, library, and study of a mansion. Could be suggested.

The mysterious Mr. Uno has invited six eccentric guests to his dark and stormy mansion. When Uno winds up dead (several times over), and guests begin dying mysteriously, those remaining must uncover the murderer before it's too late. A wickedly funny parody of the traditional murder mystery, with eleven possible alternate endings voted on by the audience. Mix and match them all!
I emailed the writer about getting a copy of the script and he sent me the following link, which is the majority of the script.
http://www.playscripts.com/playview.php3?playid=1011
He also said, "I'll make this offer. If a community theater out there goes ahead and buys the rights to perform the show from Playscripts, I will write you a new version of this play that works out to a full-length. You can use the new version for your production and only pay the cost of a one-act performance (right now the play is $40 a performance, which is a pretty good deal). The deal is good until Playscripts publishes the new, full-length version of the show. "


I apologize and you'll forgive...
I will die as you learn to live...
I'll sing my song and you'll dance along
and we'll all pretend to smile somehow.
I will beg and you will pay...
I'll be the director...
You, an actor in my play...
We could be the queen and king
and we'll all pretend to smile somehow.

No comments: