Thursday, January 8, 2009

Quilting memories OR capturing a miracle... of sorts...



Over a year ago, I presented this overstuffed canvas bag to my poor grandmother.
Inside this bag was a zillion T-shirts I had collected over the years and no longer wanted to use in my wardrobe.
My idea?
To cut them up and make a quilt.
Ha!
Unfortunately, LIFE took over and it wasn't until last week that we both thought about it again.
SO, a couple of days ago, I went over with a smaller pile of MORE T-shirts and got to work.
We've now got several squares cut up and we started arranging them on the floor, trying to decide how we want the final look to be.
It's a work in process...

I decided to start a blog for Treasure Island.
http://rtptreasureisland.blogspot.com/
Another creative step.
I've been meaning to post this pic forever.
I took it on my phone back in August.
I couldn't believe there was a pirate ship cloud in the sky.
Mom and I stood in the parking lot for a solid two minutes, just marvelling...



If you notice the pointy turret in between the buildings....
That's the uppermost front turret of Memorial Hall, home of Roundtown Players...
It's fate.

No comments: