Sunday, January 18, 2009

A poem and a half....

I gave my all
You can't say
that I gave nothing
when I gave my all.
You know my name
and that is something.
I gave my all.
You see me here
with blood stains on my shirt,
killing to give my all.
My face streaked with tears,
living in this world of hurt,
I gave my all.
Even while you scorn
seems to plague my mind
I gave you my all.
You will always know
something great was born
within the time
I gave my all.
My voice is hoarse
and my words are few
because I gave my all.
My smiles are now scarce;
I sent them all to you
as I gave my all.
I'd never let your torment
outlive my love
as I gave my all.
You will continue to be content
within the world you created,
living above,
after I gave my all.
As I lay empty
having given away my heart,
I close my eyes....
And as you begin to tear me apart
I know, dying, I gave my all.

_______________________________________________
I asked the winter sky
to send me good news...
It obliged in a song
from last june
warming my heart
in spite of the snow....
I asked the breeze
to carry me above
the snow covered trees...
It obliged as nice
as you please
And settled me gently
on a hill....

No comments: