Friday, January 30, 2009

Tomorrow we'll discover what our God in Heaven has in store...

Tomorrow.
My auditions are tomorrow.
In 12 hours I'll be sitting in a meeting for the dance studio attempting to focus on the matter at hand, with my eyes drifting to the clock every five seconds.
I printed off a million audition sheets for those auditioning to fill out...
I got my calendar squared away and printed off five copies to post for folks to check out.
I'm
I'm expecting a good size crowd to show up...
And....
I am so excited.
It's like Christmas Eve, when I want so badly for Santa to come and to wake up and open presents...
Only it's better...
My present is two months of non-stop theatre!!!!
And with KIDS!
Withkidswithkidswithkidswithkids!!!!!!!!
AUGH!!!
I've been trying to decide how to go about running the auditions.
Normally they have a certain formula...
-Set a table up in the lobby with the audition sheets and pencils.
-When people come in, greet them and have fill a sheet out per potential actor.
-Once they fill out their form, send them into auditorium to have seat.
-Once everyone is finished, collect papers and put them in order, youngest to oldest.
-Call out names in order in groups of 4 or 5.
-Send group up onto the stage to stand in line.
-Each actor states name/age/grade/etc, and does monologue.
-Once that business is complete, start the cold reading.
-Send everyone home.
-Discuss the auditions with production staff.
Now, there will be dead time while we're putting the papers in order.
In that time, I was thinking about talking to the kids and parents, introducing myself and the others, blahblahblah...
THEN, I think I'm going to get the kids to their feet and get them loosened up by a crazy warm-up of some sort...
Something silly that will get them giggling and comfortable.
Plus, it'll give everyone new a chance to see how insane I really am...
lol


I'm going to bed soon just so the day will come faster......

1 comment:

Danielle Filas said...

I always do some sort of goofy warm-up at the start of auditions. It accomplishes a few key things... it gets everyone loose and relaxed (after all, you want to see people at their best, not at their most nervous), it lets you see how people work together (you don't want to cast someone who stands off in a corner, antisocial...nor do you necessarily want to cast two love birds: danger!), and finally it lets you see how direct-able they are. Usually those who roll their eyes and refuse to play games can be expected to roll their eyes and refuse to take your instructions later on.
Break legs and have a great time!

(yespid)